SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL @ VUNG TAU
FACT SHEET FOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME YEAR 10 INTEGRATED
SCHOOL YEAR 2022 – 2023
1. Scholarship Scheme
10 Scholarships for students for entire study duration in Integrated High School Programme at SIS @ Vung Tau with value as follows:
Value of Scholarship
2. Scholarship Criteria
Vietnamese students who are studying in a local / private school in School Year 2021 – 2022 will enter Year 10 Integrated High School Programme in SIS @ Vung Tau in School Year 2022 – 2023;
Children of employees of KinderWorld Group and its subsidiaries are not eligible;
Existing students from SIS campuses are not eligible;
Academic requirements for students entering Year 10:
- Academic Record: Excellent (Học lực Giỏi) for School Year 2020 – 2021 and Semester 1 of School Year 2021 – 2022
- Behaviour Record: Good (Hạnh kiểm Tốt) for School Year 2020 – 2021
3. Scholarship Process
Must meet all criteria and submit required documents to School Office before due date.
- Scholarship Application Form
- Birth Certificate (certified copy)
- Parents ID (certified copy)
- Academic Transcripts for School Year 2020 – 2021 and semester 1 of School Year 2021 – 2022 (certified copy)
Additional documents (certified copy):
- Certificate of Foreign Language, talent achievements, scholarships, etc.
Candidates who meet the criteria and have additional documents will be selected for Round 1.
- Written English Test for 120 minutes (Listening, Reading, Writing and Grammar)
- Written Vietnamese Literature and Mathematics for 60 minutes / per subject
- Top 20 students (of which test results are highest but not lower than 70%) will be selected for Round 2
- Face-to-Face Interview in English with members of School Academic Board (Principal)
- A scorecard will be used to identify top 10 students based on Round 1 and Round 2 results
4. Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Scholarship for Integrated Programme in SIS @ Vung Tau only and is not applicable in other Singapore International Schools in other locations.
Only names of successful candidates will be announced. Test results will not be released. Award of scholarships is at the discretion of the Company and results are final and will not open for further consideration.
Scholarships are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable and cannot be converted into cash.
Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with other Preferential Rates applied in SIS @ Vung Tau.
Registration Fee and Deposit are not covered under the Scholarship Programme.
All Other Fees, such as Uniforms, Textbooks, Insurance, Meals and any other Miscellaneous Expenses that may have to be incurred during the school year and which are not outlined in the Fees Structure, for example, outdoor activities, miscellaneous equipment, etc are not covered under the Scholarship Programme.
All School Fees (if applicable) and Other Fees for coming school years must be paid on due date. Scholarship will be withdrawn without any due notice in the event that School Fees (if applicable) and Other Fees are paid later than stipulated due date.
The Scholarship will be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the school and according to the following but not limited circumstances:
- Student is found to have displayed undesirable behaviour.
- In possession or sale of any illegal drugs or drugs deemed detrimental to the health of other student.
- Is not attired in the correct school attire.
- Do not follow School Rules, Regulations and Conduct of the School.
- The student’s behaviour has been found to be undesirable and is detrimental to the well-being of the school and other students.
- Failure to take part and contribute to not less than three school events including but not limited to Mid-Autumn Festival, Christmas Fair, End of Year Concert.
- Any late payment of fees.
Scholarships will be reviewed at the end of each School Year, subject to the following conditions:
- Students must maintain excellent academic results in both the Vietnamese and English Programme of the current whole School Year to maintain the same value of Scholarship for the next School Year as indicated in the table below:
|Value of Scholarship||For English subject, GPA marks must not fall below||For Vietnamese Programme|
|70%||80%||Academic records must be Excellent and Behaviour records must be Good.|
- If the student fails to maintain the minimum results at the end of Semester 1 of each School Year during the entire scholarship period, a written notice will be given to inform the student that his / her academic results must not fall below the required marks in Semester 2 of that particular School Year to maintain the Scholarship.
- If the student’s results at the end of each School Year during the entire scholarship period is lower than the required GPA marks for English subject, the Scholarship will be automatically withdrawn from the following School Year onwards. School Fees will automatically revert to the published rate and parents are required to pay the difference in School Fees, if there is a shortfall in fees collected, within seven (7) working days from notification and before any school documents will be released.
- Students must proactively join in social activities and/or competitions within the school system / District / City / Nation without being told.
Students must study continuously in SIS @ Vung Tau from the enrolment commencement date. The Scholarship will be withdrawn immediately should the student withdraw or defer his / her study at SIS @ Vung Tau.
The Scholarship is applicable for SIS @ Vung Tau only. The Scholarship will be withdrawn immediately should the student transfer to another Singapore International School. Parents are then required to top-up the difference in School Fees.
Student must study in SIS @ Vung Tau for three (3) continuous full years of High School from School Year 2022 – 2023 to School Year 2024 – 2025. If the student withdraws from the school at any time during this period, parents are responsible to reimburse the full amount of School Fees as per the published rate for the whole duration that the student has attended the High School Integrated Programme. An invoice for the outstanding amount will be issued and the payment must be settled within seven (7) working days from notification and before any school documents will be released.
The school reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision regarding admission or registration made on the basis of incorrect information submitted by parents.
By enrolling in Singapore International School, Singapore International School and KinderWorld Vietnam JSC reserve the right to use students’ images / photographs and / or audio and video recordings or any other work done by students during enrolment and after completion of their studies for educational, professional and publicity purposes which includes but is not limited to publication on websites, Facebook and other social media platforms under KinderWorld International Group and its affiliates.
Please click here for download the register form.